Friday, July 17, 2009

My Birthday

So after all of the excitement that went on the day before my birthday, I had just as good of a day on my actual birthday. Not many people get to celebrate their birthday two days in a row!! Nathan took me out to eat for lunch, I got many wonderful phone calls, texts, and messages from all of my sweet, sweet friends and family, and then had dinner at some friends of ours last night. Ben and Ashley are a couple that we have met at church and they are some of the sweetest, most genuine people. They invited us and the Peabody's over for chicken, mashed potatos, and fried okra. It was delicious!! We played with their precious little boy Brinson, and got to know eachother a lot better. Ashley had told me that she wanted to make me a birthday cake. She makes the most amazing cakes. They are always so elaborate and delicious. I told her, please don't make one for my birthday because I know how much work you have to put in to it...so she didn't make me a cake, she made it for all of us...haha!! It was awesome!! Here is a picture of "Our Cake".



p.s. If you need a decorative cake...I can send you some pictures of some of the cakes she has made...no lie...they taste as good as they look!! I highly recommend her!!
Thank you everyone for making my birthday a very, very special one!!

2 comments:

  1. Happy (a little bit late) birthday Vanessa! I stumbled onto your blog and it's fun reading what ya'll are up to. And CONGRATULATIONS on the newest little Smith to be! How wonderful! It was so fun hanging out with you in Abilene at the Best wedding. I still laugh when I think about ya'll taking me back to my hotel...hehe! Enjoy the rest of your summer!
    -Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well happy birthday to you.. WOW that was an incredible cake. Almost would hate to eat one that looked that fabulous. How fun to have a friend that can do that..
    Staci

    ReplyDelete